Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Massage Oils

So, for the last few months I've been saying that I'm going to introduce BSBR relaxing massage oils and finally, last night, I did some research and testing.   If all goes well, I should be releasing this new product by months end. I've been working on some really fancy names for the product and everything! I just want it to be perfect so that when you all give or get massages you will be in an aromatic heaven. 

Anyhow, I brought the tester in at work to get some feedback from my colleagues. They loved the way it smelled but they thought some of the oils I used were a bit dense.  I tested it out by offering my coworker a little massage and she loved it! I got the kink right out of her neck LoL! (I know, I should be working but we had a little down time).

But anyway, you may be asking yourself, why does she want to introduce massage oils to her collection of body scrubs? Well, the answer is easy! Everyone loves a massage (I know I do) and what's more awesome than getting a massage and getting rubbed down with a soothing, calming and sensual scented oil?


BSBR massage oil protoype

People have been getting massages for years and it was part of the health care system in ancient civilization.  The Chinese, Egyptians, Greeks, Mesopotamians and Indus Valley civilizations all practiced massage therapy with the use of oils in the past.  The Chinese massages are amongst the best in all of the societies, as they have mastered the technique.

There are difference types of oils that I researched and tested out. Here are some of the oils I tested and their uses. I think you'll find it interesting.



Different Types of Carrier Oils for Massages

Olive Oil
This is most well known oil for infant massage. But, one can use it on adults too. Olive oil is a nice massage oil which tends to improve skin’s elasticity and strengthens it.
Olibe oil has been used in the Mediterranean since ancient times, for young and old alike. Regular massage with olive oil can keep the skin looking younger and glossier.
Olive oil tends to make the skin look a bit tanned for some time.

Jojoba Oil
This is most well known oil for infant massage. But, one can use it on adults too. Olive oil is a nice massage oil which tends to improve skin’s elasticity and strengthens it.
Olibe oil has been used in the Mediterranean since ancient times, for young and old alike. Regular massage with olive oil can keep the skin looking younger and glossier.
Olive oil tends to make the skin look a bit tanned for some time.

Sunflower Oil
Its a rather inexpensive oil which can be used for body massage. It flows well on the skin, is moderately thick. It is good for generating traction with hands, which is ideal for chiropractic massage.

Avocado Oil
It is a thick oil which is yellowish in color. A special extra virgin oil from a special cultivar of Avocado oil, called Hass, is bright green in color. This oil is rich in chlorophyll and carotenoid pigments. Avocado oil is great for face massage and in hot oil treatments.



DIY

Here is a quick DIY recipe to make your own massage oil at home.

  • Carrier Oil  – 4 ounces
  • Essential Oil – 4 – 15 drops per essential oil. Strong essential oils, like eucalypus need just a few drops. Less strong oils can be added in slight moderation.



References

www.oilhealthbenefits.com

No comments:

Post a Comment