Tuesday, April 14, 2015

6 Tips to Reduce the Size of Your Pores

On my Instagram page (@body_scrubs_by_rebeca) I questioned my followers as to what some of their skincare concerns or issues are.  I received a few replies, both via Instagram as well as my personal email.  And so, while working, I got an alert that someone wanted to know how they can reduce the size of their pores.  I thought to myself, "hmm that's a really good question!"  Then, while at my desk, I started looking at my face, examining my skin and taking a closer look at my pores.
Me, au naturale - Owner of Body Scrubs by Rebeca
bodyscrubsbyrebeca.com 

(Pores are tiny little openings (holes) in the skin that help to produce natural oils, sebum is produced.)

I noticed that the size of them varied depending on certain situations.  A while back I noticed my pores were looking rather large and some days they looked pretty small. I payed attention to my habits to see when my pores looked their smallest. Here's what I found -

On days where I drank lots of water my skin looked very radiant. My pores also appeared to be smaller.

On days that I exfoliated (2x per week) using my natural body scrubs my pores were also smaller...

And on days I treated myself to a face mask my pores were looking fab!


I researched some more information about pores and found some really useful tips for those to reduce the size of their pores.

Here are 6 Tips to Reduce the Size of Your Pores

1.Hydrate - (drink water) all of our organs flourish with water. The same goes for your skin, so drink up!

2.Exfoliating - try a gentle sugar or walnut scrub to gently remove dead skin cells from your pores.
Exfoliating leaves your skin smooth and radiant and of course, makes your pores smaller.

3.Using a face mask- try a pharmacy brand face mask to cleanse and remove oils and dirt from your face. You should use a face mask once a week. This too will help reduce the size of your pores.

4. Cleanse - wash your face daily to unclog pores. When your face is dirty the pores expand as they are filled with dirt.

5. Tone - use a toner. It helps to close the pores.  That cool tingle you feel when you rub on the toner is helping to cool your skin so that your pores close. (Remember, warm opens pores and cold closes them).

6. Moisturize - Some people think lotion clogs the pores but its actually not true.  Moisturizing actually helps produce less natural oils that can help clog the pores, ultimately making them bigger.

So, there you have it! Six easy steps to reduce the size of your pores!

Xo,

Rebeca


*Here are some products I like - 

Dickinson's Witch Hazel





Body Scrubs by Rebeca all natural coffee scrub




Clinique cleansing bar soap

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for above tips, how often should I exfoliate and use face mask? Witch Hazel has been doing great for my face... Looking forward to trying your all natural coffee scrub and the clinique cleansing bar....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danelle! Thanks for your comment! I love witch hazel! In regards to exfoliation and using a face mask, you should exfoliate no more than 2x per week. You can use a face mask once a week but not the same day you exfoliate. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete